Thread: Mig wire type
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 05:38 PM   #38
rotorwrench

Default Re: Mig wire type

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
That would be nice. $229.32

"Hang your torch on these holders to turn off the gas flow and extinguish the flame during shutdown and between use. Start the gas flow by lifting the torch off the support lever and pass the tip over the pilot light to ignite."

Those things are neat but I just use a home made stand to hold the torch while it's still lit. It's handy when I'm pulling off magnets, clamps, or clecos during welding processes. I generally do my hammering after I've welded a good bit. The metal can cool off some during this process. If it stretches, I just shrink it back up after. When there is no access behind then a person may have to file or grind some but not all that much. There is always a way to move the metal as long as it's not too thick or too far out of shape.

The torch stations are best for production work. They will save some gas anyway. Most folks use Tig for production. Not too many airplanes or helicopters use steel tube frames anymore but there are still a few. The tig is the best way to weld thick stuff to thin stuff. You have to be pretty good with a torch to do that. The Tig is more forgiving.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 03-08-2020 at 05:48 PM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote