Thread: Mig wire type
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 02:46 PM   #27
RKS.PA

Default Re: Mig wire type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
RKSPA,,,built up 4 or 5 old ford over the years using my snap on mig with .023 wire and 75-25 mix,seems like I always had to grind a lot,probally just memust have been the s-7 wire,picked up a 10# roll of s-6 today guy said it was a little softer and would finish a little easier !tried it out and my snap on welder really likes it,flows out better than what I was using,I’m no schooled welder but have learned a lot over the years,very seldom will I be using anything heavier than 1/4 inch then I get out the stick welder which I can’t hardly see what I’m welding!not much better with the mig,,,have one of the auto helmets ,still have a hard time seeing where I’m welding,can’t seem to get rite shade!!!
Don, sounds like your new wire is getting you where you want to be!! I know what you mean by being able to see the material. When doing smaller piece work, I try to be out in the sun. I have a Miller helmet...auto darkening...with added magnifying lenses inside...that's in addition to my bifocals!!! I'm happy with it for both stick and mig.

Best of luck with your projects.....Dick.
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote