View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #95
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Do You Carry a Container of Gas in your Trunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koates View Post
As most of you fellas now know that nearly all new modern cars have plastic fuel tanks in the rear so I would recon that they have been engineered and tested to the max. So plastic fuel containers designed for gas/petrol are not an issue anymore. Regards, Kevin.

Kevin....I have to agree with you to a point, the point being that the BIG auto manufacturers do stringent testing and SHOULD know the proper, contemporary chemical compounds to use for long-lasting tanks, although don't forget that the BIG guys also designed the Pinto systems. As far as these low-volume-production aftermarket tanks go, we really don't have any idea how well or how safely they have been engineered, nor their chemical make-up, not to mention the quality control of production methods, or even the location of such manufacture. I'd also have to seriously wonder how old or how well-trained the actual factory workers might be. AND just FYI...my plastic containers for gas/petrol ARE still a serious issue when they continue to crack and leak...shouldn't be hard to understand. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is online now   Reply With Quote