View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #25
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Did you read the blog about the issues with the Judging Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corley View Post
I have to say that the OP is most certainly either interpreting the blog post very differently than I did when I read it, or is perhaps not open to "restoration" differences. Either way, what I read was that A) The RG & JS simply are not correct with regard to vehicles assembled in some parts of the world, and B) The poster wishes people would accept that his car is not restored to judging standards, and stop throwing purist views at him.

I gotta agree with the blog poster on both points. My views match his views on both points. I think his blog post can be summarized as; He really just hates having purism thrown up at him at every turn, especially when in his case it may be wrong for his Australia built toy. I agree.

That makes total sense to me. As I stated above, many people --like him, come asking what is correct for their car, -and likely many that responded, they likely did not realize his car is Aussie assembled, ...but on the other hand it was him that was seeking to know what is correct. At that point, a form of purism is what he was asking for.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote