View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 12:12 AM   #137
haag1332

Default Re: carburetor 13/32 deep well socket

Ok folks, minor update but I did say I would keep everyone updated throughout this process.

I did receive the specialized tooling for this project today. Not the blanks, just the tooling.

I have spent the last 3 hours setting up an open machine for doing the broach work/making the 6 point hex part of this project. I will have to take this setup down until I receive the blanks and actually do the work, but it looks as though tooling wise we are good to go.

The blanks have been ordered, just not sure yet when I will receive them. But as soon as we have them we will get underway with annealing and such so we can start making the sockets.

Thank you all once again for your interest, and I feel honored to be part of this.

Obviously to some of you folks this is probably irrelevant to some degree, but we are moving forward, and I for one am anxious to get these things done and in everyones hands who expressed interest.

Hope you all are doing well, and I will continue to update, even though minor, as this project proceeds.

One other thing I would like to mention. Since I have been on this site I have randomly checked out other threads/discussions. I would like to thank each and every one of you for not turning this thread into some sort of crazy discussion other than what it originally started out as.........a socket. Not a bunch of other crap......well of course other than the walmart socket set comment.

Anyway, thank you all, we will see this through within the next few weeks.

Bill
haag1332 is offline   Reply With Quote