View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #48
djpink1947

Default Re: What made you a "Ford" guy?

Ever since I was 11 or 12 I loved the AMT model car kit of a 40 ford coupe. I always wanted one but, was never in the right place at the right time. I came out of the service in 1971 and proceeded to buy a new 1972 Corvette LT-1. raced the crapp out of it. Well to make a long story short one of my vettes got stolen. Again with insurance money I purchased a 57 Chevy 2dr post. I finally got the bug to get a 1940 ford coupe in 1984. I sold my 57 for about 4300 dollars. Well even back then 40 Ford coupes were pricey. So I found the first Ford car too own in a classic car parts store. It was a 38 Ford 2dr sedan. It looked really sharp in the pictures. It was up in Canada but, I lived near Detroit, so it wasn't that far. I walked in the garage took one look and bought the car right on the spot. It had a small block Chevy. I kept that motor for about 12 years got the bug to have a Flattie installed in it. I bought a 1950 Merc. motor. Had it built up by Motor City Flathead. That motor gave me nothing but grief. I had that 38 Ford sedan for almost 20 years. All my kids rode in it at one stage of their lives. I did manage tho to purchase a 1940 Ford Opera coupe. My father died and I used that money from his estate. But, then a lot of things went south in my life, divorce, house payment, behind lost my job. Soooo sold 1940 because me and three kids could not live in it. My youngest daughter REALLY loved that coupe. So much she cried when the new owner came to pick it up. I felt bad too because I chased this dream for a long time. Got back on my feet quite quickley and had some cash and bought me my current car now my 1955 Ford Victoria. Never looked back over losing the little 40 coupe, this 55 took care of that, by many trouble free miles and a great driver that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
djpink1947 is offline   Reply With Quote