View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #104
roccaas

Default Re: What made you a "Ford" guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Wolk View Post
Hi, new here. Just bought my first Ford, although I own other Ford products.

My father doesn't know which end of a screwdriver, so I didn't get it there. Mom had a '54 Vicky with see-through doors and floor pans. When they stepped up my father bought Lincolns in the early '70s. He had a '70 Town coupe with a naked roof in double black. Put Red Lines on it. It looked like Darth Vader's car.

I started collecting things with the Continental name when a '77 Town Car in triple black, 25 years old with under 13,000 miles, stalled in front of my home. Then came the Mark II, then the Chris Craft Continental, '55 Porsche Continental and several other Lincoln Continentals including a limo and a Mark III convertible.

The Continental tie in with the Ford truck is the beautiful "Continental" style grill on the '41.

Hey, can I come by your garage and drive all your cars while you are away; to you know, just keep the batteries charged up? That's not a collection, that's a dream!