View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #20
Frank Miller

Default Re: Brake light pressure switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Jim View Post
Thanks for all the answers and information, it is all very useful. The car is in storage for the winter, so there is no hurry on the repair, now I just need to make a decision on which way to go. I like the idea of the mechanical switch, but not sure how I would mount it with the pedals going through the floor, an not being swing down pedals. there is not much room under the car for anything. I will have to take a look at things. my brother has come up with a few NOS Ford pressure switches, so I may try one of those first since the price is right. Thanks , ---Jim
I pondered this and was going to try drilling the pedal and putting in a momentary push button that you would step on every time you hit the pedal. just run the wire along the the pedal arm. A little ingenuity and it could be done. You could use it in conjunction with the brake switch so if one failed the other would work.
Something like this where you could drill and tap the pedal and lock it from underneath so it protrudes just enough. Paint it black and it will barely be noticeable.
https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Utility...P6V0E7NXEWX1H6