View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #45
24ruxstel1339

Default Re: Welcome To The New Ford Barn!

Hello all from N.E.Ohio !!
Just joined your forum.
Have been around Model Ts since I was born. My father was a avid collector and did his own upholstery and poured and fit bearings.
He passed 15 years ago and mom was not that interested in doing anything with the parts.
She recently has had some health issues and I inherited the car and the task (I use that word lightly lol) of liquidating the 2 garage fulls of parts. I have only begun to sort things out....

The 24 touring car that the old man built in the 60s from bushel baskets is still running. I have a few things to do, such as having the radiator flushed out and a small leak fixed. The good news is, I am a 30+ year auto technician and helped Pop with the T since I was a little kid.
A little more about the car is. It's a 24 with a 26 chassis and a Ruxstell rear axle with 3:1 gears. I have a higher compression aluminum head to replace. Had one before, but it cracked the winter after Pop passed and I was unaware that the heater was acting up. Put a stock head on it and found an aluminum one recently. At one time he was clocked by a friend at 62mph !!
He drove the car, no trailering. Drove to TN, IL, MI, several times for International club meets. I grew up in the back seat.

Anyhow, glad to be aboard and will be asking stupid questions from time to time
Plan to keep the car and some parts. I don't do FB or much social media, but talk on a couple gun forums occasionally. If I can figure it out, I'll put a picture of the touring car on soon.

Thanks, Dave
24ruxstel1339 is offline   Reply With Quote