View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 08:27 PM   #30
35fordtn

Default Re: Attention distributor rebuilders!

I really gave this whole situation a test today..
I order 5x of the following points and isntalled them on the same distributor and made notes of each and compared them to NOS and NORS points...
I ordered in five sets of Echlin CS47, Standard FD6770, and WVE (wells) 4P1599

Of the five set of standards two I returned without installling due to the previous issues mentioned in this post. None of the WVE or Echlin points were returned this go around as all looked great. Now to the nitty gritty.....

Tests on the Sun Machine

Standard FD6770... required minor bending of the LH stationaary point to set up. Point float at 5250 engine RPM's (2625 dist rpm's)

Echlin CS47 set up fine, 6120 Engine rpms before point float

WVE 4P1599 Set up fine 6510 before point float

NOS Ford points set up fine 3125 RPMS before point float

Borg Warner NORS points set up fine 3910 RPM's before point float

Nimco NORS points set up fine 6840 RPm's before point float

Carpenter points Required excessive bending of the stationary points to set up.. 3410 RPMS point float

All in all Nimco was the winner, but old stock stuff that is hard to find. .. As far as NEW, WVE (wells) and Echlin are the clear winner. This test honestly confused me as Echlin is owned and made by Standard.. I have always used Standard until the recent issues and looks like Echlin and WVE will be my go to from here on out.. For a side note Standard makes Echlin points, but WVE is a totally different entity.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote