View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
Road Trip

Default '29 CC PU assembly confusion

A brief history, and then my question.

I acquired a '29 pick up that was crudely pieced together with coupe door, cowl posts and sub-rails; lower back cab panel was not exactly cherry. Frame is a '30. That being said, I had really no reference point(s) to go off of. I've since gotten the correct sub rails (new from Brookville), correct doors, cowl posts, and all the wood. Also have the seat riser and door post / sub rail brackets - also both new, as well as the cab mounting blocks and rear cab sill.

Here's my issue / question: I'm ready to assemble the cab, but I'm somewhat confused on how things mount on the frame and exactly where. It almost seems as I'm missing a mounting hole on the frame at the rear, or I'm missing a block, or...? The block pictured looks as it should mount under the rear cab sill (the tiny recessed holes line up perfect) but there is no corresponding hole in the frame. Per the diagrams I've run across, that block (or similar) mounts under the door post bracket at the seat riser. The wood block kit is a set of 6; the other ones are obvious as to where they go (yes, they are correct for '28/9). Does the back of the cab "float"? Again, I didn't have any reference points to compare, hence the confusion. I don't want to start welding / bolting things together only to find out my doors won't shut because the cab is too short or long.

Any suggestions? Pic's would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0030.jpg (35.0 KB, 61 views)
Road Trip is offline   Reply With Quote