View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 07:58 PM   #16
Fordors

Default Re: Different Key ways??

Would you check your pitman arm for me? There will be a letter forged on it, an A denotes a Passenger Car pitman and a B would be for a Commercial Car with its shorter length cowl. To correct for the different steering column angle the pitman arms are clocked differently to maintain proper steering geometry.
I have been trying to cypher this out in my head (migraine coming) and if I’m right and you have a B or Commercial Car pitman it will be clocked on the sector shaft forward of where it should be for your roadster. With that said in order to connect your stock length drag link you would need to rotate the steering wheel CCW.
If I am right then your fix is either getting the “A” identified pitman or reworking the dummy splines so you can reposition yours. With your steering wheel turned CCW the steering box is not on the high point and the car may feel like it tends to wander going down the road.
The unknown for me is how much the different pitman arms would affect the steering wheel position.

Last edited by Fordors; 10-06-2020 at 08:01 PM. Reason: clarity
Fordors is offline   Reply With Quote