View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 10:28 AM   #10
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Safety Issues with Seat Belt Article in Current MAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin in NJ View Post
I have not gone here, but I will now.

MARC and the author has opened themselves up to a HUGE liability.

The editors should never have printed the article. If anyone does that seat belt installation and someone is injured or killed then the club and the author will be at fault. You can kiss the club goodbye.
I have a feeling that if the insurance company were to see the article you might see the club dropped like a rock.

What makes the article worse is the fact its author is a mechanical engineer with 50 years of experience. When I read that I was expecting some comments that he ran the phsyics and the numbers and developed his system based on sound engineering.
It is clear this was just thrown together with sub-standard parts. This based on common mechancial sense.

Quite frankly I believe the club is royally screwed at this point. They had best consult with their lawyers and come up with a plan of action to mitigate the damages.

I realize the magazines are hurting for quality writing, but they really need to have more considerations of material before they print.
yea thats todays world unfortunately, there is always an ambulance chaser lawyer out there that would love to get his hands on articles like this so he gets tops dollar no matter the outcome or who is screwed over.

theres is ALOT of engineering involved in seatbelts, ive been in countless junkyards with modern cars and i have yet to see one cars seatbelts break or mounting holes ripped out or even bent. theres a few cars in some that its a good 95% chance people didnt survive but the seatbelts were still there. if they are broke they were either cut on purpose or jaws of life had to be used.