View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 05:13 PM   #44
Synchro909

Default Re: Long distance buying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Sounds like that clown was not trustworthy anyway. You're better off.

I drove to Virginia once to buy an antique Ford. The seller was super nice, honest to a 'T'. He even went over the car with me to point out various small flaws after I got out there.

Anyway he told me that the day after our phone conversation when I told him I'd take the car and was on my way out there from the Midwest, he got a call from somebody in New York that wanted the vehicle. The owner said 'sorry' I already sold it, and the guy from N.Y. said 'I'll give you $3500 over what he paid right now.' The owner said 'no' I don't treat people that way.

When I got to Virginia he told me this story, gave me the guy's phone number and said 'If you want to make a quick 3500 bucks, here you go.' I thanked him for his honesty but said no, I want the car and I'm not looking to sell it just to make money. They even insisted I stay for supper, a farm family about as nice of people as you'd meet!

12 years later and I still have the vehicle and still enjoying the heck out of it
There should be more people like that guy. I bet he sleeps well every night.