View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #7
Neil Wilson

Default Re: AA Panel Truck Rarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31Cabriolet68-C View Post
What a great set of images!!!

You really gotta smile at those custom commercial jobs: Model A Paddy Wagons, stretched-out custom hearses, all-white ambulances!!!!! Go Henry, go!

Are some of them wearing Ford AA WIRE wheels?!? And those hubcaps!! Really rare birds...
I have to wonder if even a single set of those amazing looking Ford-script commercial hubcaps survived...
Question: since I'm pretty sure I see one of the vehicles sporting a set of tires with really wide whitewalls on all four 'faces' of their sidewalls, I'm wondering if AA wire wheels, those wild (painted?) hubcaps, and the four-sided W/W tires, were ever Ford-authorized commercial vehicle options?
(Guess I should crack open my 'Standards'...)
Thanks, John

The 1928 AA's (through January 1929) had steel spoke wheels. In 1931, the steel spoke wheels had a bigger bolt pattern and required unique wheel hubs. White wall tires were not standard and I don't know if they could be factory ordered. But dealers could have put them on for customers. I have seen pictures of a few 1931 AA's with the wire wheels and hub caps (yes, Ford standard on a few of the closed body types).

https://aafords.com Ford Model AA Truck Club @ aafords.com
Neil Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote