View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 10:27 AM   #22
Ian1932

Default Re: Installing a 32' Roadster Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
Given the level of detail and quality of the work that I can see in the photos, I'd complete the chassis before I put the body on. I'd put the engine/transmission in and I'd even complete the exhaust system. There is no reason to do this stuff afterwards, when you can do it now. Also, complete ALL the brake system - as running the lines and getting everything tidy is a lot of work (especially if you don't have a lift). If you don't have a complete brake system, I highly recommend and I'll say that twice . . . I highly recommend the Early V8 Garage and Richard Lacy. There is nobody that makes more complete and awesome brake systems than he does. Yes, it is not cheap, but his parts, craftsmanship and level of completeness is not rivaled by anybody else in the business. Lastly - you have a fantastic project/car . . . very glad to see that you are honoring what your Father wants - that makes me smile!

Thanks for the compliments! Motivation comes from it! Dad tears up when he sees this thing slowly come together. When i started this car i asked him what he was going to do. I wrote in down verbatim and am trying do do as he wanted. My dream is to drive him to a local show and have people oogle over it. Everything was broke down it pcs and brought to bare metal. Im at the point where i just need to put it together. Engine will be ready in march! Going to send out the tranny as i just dont know enough...
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)