View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
Semper Fi

Default Re: Tainted BP gasoline alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpo View Post
I just wonder if this could have some bearing on the fact that my wife and I recently saw a local Brand X tanker truck at a local BP station.

For 25 years I worked the midnight shift in Toledo and would time and time again, see these Brand X Tankers filling the tanks of Name Brand Gas Stations. And yet many people I know would tell me that they would only buy a certain brand of gas when in fact they had no idea what they were putting into their tanks.

The difference is now I'm beginning to see the bulk suppliers at Name Brand Stations in broad daylight.

My rule has always been, "never buy gas at a station when the tanker truck is there filling the station's tanks". Too much sediment potential.
In another life (before I quit workin') I serviced the computer equipment at an Exxon tank farm. The gasoline went out of there on Gulf, Quaker State and several other brands besides Exxon. They told me it was common practice to swap gas between brands to cut down on transportation costs. I too, used to favor one brand over another until I learned this. Maybe in high population areas they can all afford their own tank farms, but in my rural area this is how it was done.

Ernie
Semper Fi is offline   Reply With Quote