Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
jesster925

Send a message via AIM to jesster925
Default new member

First want to say hi, I'm new to this site and new to working on "Stock" model A's. I have recently acquired a 1928 fordor leather back. All stock and made this discovery. I have been working on cars for 40 years (Plus or minus) but the stock model a is a whole new game. Kind of one of those where it's so simple it's confusing.
I have a few questions and was told by a member of the MAFCA "If I had a question, This is the place for an answer"
First, When I went to register the car the nice folks at the DMV told me that the car had "custom plates". As far as I know they are the original plates. Is there a way to find this out, Without having to go thru the DMV. That could be a major project as I'm sure most if not all of you know.
Second, I need to line the doors. I found out how to on the internet. So I climb under the car to do the shim thing and the body is sitting on the frame, No wood blocks. I tried to find them at a few Ford place's but with no luck for the 28. Is it supposed to have them, And if so where do they go and where can I get them?
Sorry for my first post being os lengthy. And will shorten them up in the future and thanks in advance for any help. (o:
jesster925 is offline   Reply With Quote