Thread: License Plates
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 07:39 AM   #2
77Birdman

Default Re: License Plates

Threads before on plates so I dont want to beat a dead horse but, I think most states are the same more or less. In Maryland there are several options. 1. you can put on a regular set of tags with no restrictions and drive the car at your discression (or what your ins. dictates). The reg. tags are quite costly ($150+ yr.). 2. Get historic tags (that have a one time fee of about $50), and 'technically' you are only supposed to drive to shows, or events, and occasional use. With a registered historic tag you can also register a YOM plate as well. You can have the YOM plate on the car and put the state issued historic plate in the trunk. I dont think anyone will bother you with having historic tags and using the car for other than shows. Again, your insurance will dictate usage more so than the dmv. In my parts any car over 20 yrs. qualifies for historic and the priveledge is more than abused. For example I was at the landfill yesterday and there was a guy unloading shingles out of the back of his '89 chevy pu with historic tags. That goes against all of the rules!
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)