View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #27
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: Model A Driving trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorrell View Post
I would say your insurance agent is being overly anal about things. That would mean that while driving to a meet or event I couldn't stop at a Walmart or other retail/commercial establishment to purchase needed supplies (oil, coolant, food). Also I often drive my '64 Buick to overnight events where I park at a hotel or timeshare...generally no garages involved. I've seen no such exclusions in my Hagerty policy and I've read it fairly thoroughly. Luckily I've never needed to make a claim for my classic cars. I will never allow an insurance company to dictate my activities. I believe if you are putting over a few thousand miles/year on your classic car they may look at that as not being in the realm of collector car usage regardless of where you park. I asked my agent about driving to work occasionally and I got a no problem as long as the mileage isn't excessive (no stated numbers). Just my $0.02.
i indeed hope you are right and my agent is wrong. I parked at the cottage where there is no garage and I sustained $20 thousand damage to my 32 Chrysler. The agent told me that any further damage that occurred while stored over night in a non sheltered domain would not be covered. My policy clearly states no travel to or from work. One of our agents is incompetent ancient hope it is mine for your sake. Wayne Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote