Thread: A Friends 28 AR
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #15
Keith True

Default Re: A Friends 28 AR

I agree with Pluck.If you say,AR,everybody knows what you are talking about.Right or wrong.I took a fellow over to see my friend Charlie,who had an AR chassis he had hauled in from a barn.Every time the farmer needed a piece of steel he would hacksaw a piece out of the frame.The three crossmembers and all the components just sat where they dropped.I told the guy,Charlie says it is an AR,so if you want to buy any of it you need to talk AR.He then proceeded to tell Charlie there was no such thing as an AR,it was early 28.He very politely told Charlie how it came to be called the AR,and why there was no such thing.When he finished Charlie told him,this here's an AR,and if you don't have an AR these parts won't fit yours.Charlie walked in the house and turned on Jerry Springer.End of conversation.The guy was kind of bewildered,he had driven three hours only to be shut down in 15 minutes.He was mostly after the braking system,and the odd headlight switch at the bottom of the steering box.I put Steve Ciccalone onto Charlie,he was AR'ing all over the place.He was an expert at blending in with the natives.I believe he got it all,not just some of the parts.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote