View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #130
Old Henry

Default Re: Tell me this noise isn't what I'm afraid it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
It's difficult to tell exactly what we are seeing of the pistons from the bottom of the cylinders. As I look at the bottom of those pistons, it appears to me that pieces of the skirts are broken off. It also looks like some reflections are confusing the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
Might be a mirror reflection in the polished cylinder wall? Look where the end of the rod is, seems up a long way for the piston to be at the bottom of a stroke, but may just be the camera angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Look again the left hand piston is up the hole about 3/8"The Rh piston is flush with the bottom of the bore.

R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
To me it looks like the bottom of the skirts are about 2" up
from the bottom of the cylinders.

Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Those aren't the cyl walls the piston is down the hole just looks like cyl walls its the piston skirt.

R
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Could be just the angle and the lighting, but those bores sure do look shiney/smooth. Did the last "rebuilder" hone the cylinders the last time around? Sure do hope the proper rod caps end-up back on their respective rods. Pictures sure make one wonder if he knew anything about setting-up floating bearings. DD
The flash on the camera reflecting on the cylinder walls really is confusing.
The pistons are well down in the cylinders as is indicated by how far in the connecting rods are.