View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #24
Flathead Fever

Default Re: '32 radiator hoses

Every year we used to get new parts catalogs at work and I would take the old ones home. Every body thought I was nuts for taking this trash home. There is stuff in these catalogs that the pimple-faced-kid at Kragan is never going to be able to lookup on his computer. The Gates hose catalog has an illustrated parts section that shows drawing of the hoses sorted by inside diameter. I found the perfect offset lower hoses (see photo) but I can’t find where I put the numbers for it??? Its here somewhere, stuck in a drawer, tool box or flathead book where I was sure I would be able to find it when I needed it.

I measured the original lower hoses and water pump inlets and they measure just slightly larger than 1 ¾ inches. I went to the 1 ¾ inch hose section of the catalog, there are not that many choices that have an offset in such a short distance. I’m guessing you need a hose with about a 1 ¾ inch offset. Out of the 75 illustrations for 1 ¾ hoses these two Gates numbers look the most promising, 20627 and 21216, I’m not sure the 21216 hose would be long enough after you cut it? There is also a 1 ¾ X 2 inch hoses that look promising (21250) it depends on if it is 1 3/4 inches where you need to cut it in the middle. Any auto parts store should be able to convert these numbers to their brand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1932 hoses 002.jpg (405.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg hose #1.jpg (32.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg hose #2.jpg (49.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg hose #3.jpg (56.1 KB, 16 views)
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote