View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #117
SUHRsc

Default Re: My new 1939 Sedan Delivery!

thanks Bruce,
I think I am going to pull the motor out and try more or less what your saying to clean it up the best I can... go from there... may have to talk to you about the PCV set-up....
The gauge sender riser isn't making much difference considering the total lack of a tube running to the gauge any more...
I'd really like to make this as reliable and fuel efficient as possible... doubt dual carbs are the right thing for that... but... hmmmm something was bugging me about wanting to see this sitting on there!

I had yet to pull any drums... so off came the left front... all looks great in there...good bit of meat left on the shoes still...

Next I figured I might as well start dissassembling the drivers door as it is the worst part on the whole car....
what I thought was rot from water after the rain gutter rotted off... seems as though it may have been the fault of the mouse nest inside...
All in all the rest of the door is really nice... so just patch-er up on the bottom

The garnish has some really nice maroon paint on the inside... I assume this is the same color the dash was painted originally too...(commercial, so was not woodgrained I guess)
**looks brown in this pic.. but in person it looks like a dark maroon

you can see the radio block off has different color lines then the dash panel

finally... made an attempt to photo the door glass "bug" 7-38
77-6050B, 81AS - 81SB - 99AS - 99SB 19AS cylinder heads
SUHRsc is offline   Reply With Quote