View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
grouchyandugly

Default Re: positive to negative change

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
At the risk of rousing your ire (witness the user name), I suggest that you slow down and and have a little discussion about this. Doing what you are suggesting is about the last thing you want to do if your car is really "NICE". Plus the comment "JUICED the 6 Volt Battery to 13 Volts" suggests there is something else going on here. At this point, we don't even know if we are talking about a 6 volt or 12 volt system. Slow down and learn to take advantage of all the knowledge this Forum can provide.

Welcome to "The Ford Barn", by the way.

Thanks BTW we ALL cannot be Handsome and Debonair...some of us gotta be UGLY!!… HA... bought this some 2 weeks ago. just recently got around to checking the output of the orig gen (zero), battery is/was a 6 volt (3 cells)…. but checked the battery with terminals disconnected, and that dumb dirtyword was reading 13VOLTS!! YIKES!! never witnessed that before. read it with 2 multmeters (1 digital, 1 analog). the seller I got it from did not know much of anything about the car (30-35), he did not even know how to shift with the column shift. but... the car fired right up and did drive great, and stopped only when I used my right foot on the middle pedal. Today I took the orig generator and the regulator that was on the car to Live Oak FL to a guy that rebuilds these. Left it with him and he said he would get on it Monday. so. if it all goes okay with the rebuild, should not be any reason to convert it over to Negative Ground; as I had been thinking about using a 1-wire alternator (12V)…. attempted to put photos of it on here, but failed. too old to figure it out I guess (77), will try and put one on here when I get this dumb dirtyword cotton-picking snot-sucking finger-licking answer done. I can only GUESS the PO somehow got 12Volts into a 6Volt Battery. I never could!! stay safe. THANKS FYI: my photos failed to "upload" again... keeps telling me it needs a URL for the image (I do not know what URL is, or actually means either). advice (on inserting photos)??
grouchyandugly is offline   Reply With Quote