View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #106
felix37

Default Re: What is your collector car Pet Peeve?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhite View Post
I can understand know-it-all commentators and unsupervised children being a pet peeve, but to get pissed at people's ignorance is crazy IMO. Those are 'teachable moments'...opportunities to foster the love of vintage automobiles/motoring in the hearts & minds of someone else. How many times do we read posts on this and other like-minded message boards lamenting the fact that the hobby is dying, club memberships are declining, and the privilege of operating these mechanical wonders on public roadways is slowly being legislated away? Perhaps if we took seriously the well-meaning yet ignorant questions of the unwashed the state of our hobby would be different. My 2 cents.
gwhite, Good point! My 1. pet Peeve is people who complain about the people who ask dumb questions! what do you expect when you drive any classic vehicle to a public venue? people are curious by nature and will always ask questions, dumb or not. deal with it, or leave it in the garage! Pet Peeve 2. DO NOT TOUCH! signs, they are tacky and only seam to attract people to touch all over a car, just as a Wet Paint sign is sure to make someone touch to see if it really is wet. It seams to me, that the grumpy guy that spends the entire day at a show guarding his car from his lawn chair(afraid to take a piss in fear that someone will touch his paint) is the guy that always has all the problems....maybe it's just karma!
Be Kind!! they are just cars!
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote