View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
History

Default (GAV) Not working??

Car starts right up and idles well at very low rpms with gav open or closed.

Here's what I've noticed in the past few weeks,,,. I haven't driven it yet on the hiway but I have driven it around my shop and another area close by. I haven't really had it in third gear to speak of but it pulls fine and lugs well. Brakes seem to work well but I haven't been at high speeds yet. I kept noticing gas smell when I went into my shop and had a leak in the gas line inside the car (1930). Fixed that and kept smelling gas. I finally saw that it was seeping at the gasket of the zenith carb halves. I tightened that up and it seemed ok for a day or so, then I noticed gas dripping off the bottom bolts on the zenith.

I turn the gas off inside the car and let it idle until it dies. I choked it to make sure I emptied the carb and it keeps running so I'm assuming the shutoff valve inside car is leaking. So I either have a leaky valve in the carburetor or the float is set too high? Looks as though I need to lap the shutoff valve also to get it to shut off completely.

While running it changes nothing when I turn the (gav) valve either off or wide open. What does this say or mean? Like I said it runs fine best I can tell. Instant throttle when I mash the pedal with no hesitation.

What do you pros think??.
History is offline   Reply With Quote