View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 03:21 PM   #17
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: How Far In One Day?

[QUOTE=mhsprecher;1802212]I may be more conservative than most people, but I avoid interstate highways in my antique cars. The speeds are too fast and with the trucks and crazy drivers, that is too hard on my nerves.

Safety in our cars is pretty non-existent. Why run unnecessary risks? "QUOTE"

I guess I kinda go along with this too Just last week there was a head on crash on a 55 MPH two lane highway near us. A 2019 Impala and a 2013 Ford Taurus. The girl in the Ford was at fault, texting SHE wandered over the center line. The poor guy in the 2019 Impala had to be airlifted to University Hospitals in Iowa City he got hurt real real bad. Of course everyone drives 70+ on that road they pay no attention to the speed limit.

A 45 mile drive one-way to a parade is the most I've ever done in a Model A, and that about wore me out. 40 years ago My hats off to you guys doing 250 and 300 miles in a day in a Model A Ford. Yikes.

Heck even in a modern car I'm beat after 300 miles of driving with the Kamikazes and NASCAR wanna be's on our local roads around here anymore. Not as much fun as it used to be to drive anywhere. Too many 18 year old girls doing everything but paying attention to the road.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote