View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 04:07 PM   #4
Flathead Fever

Default Re: Stock oil housing to bee hive oil housing install

They were reproducing the decal for them. I don't see the original beehives show up for sale as often as I used to. That goes for all that neat old stuff. I have one really nice original for my '32 roadster project that I bought 30-years ago. I used to see originals for sale missing that restricted orifice. They were rarely used on hot rods in the late 1940s. I have hundreds of roadster photos from the late 1940s and only a couple of them had beehives on them. One of them was Scotty's dry lake's roadster, SCTA Hornets Club (Scotty's Muffler, San Bernardino, CA) had a beehive. He was voted best appearing roadster in 1947. That's a famous roadster that has never been found. It was high-dollar car in its day. Jack Calori's famous roadster was voted 2nd best appearing roadster, another roadster that has not been seen since 1953. Both these guys were my friend's I used to go to their homes and listen to their stories. Even though Scotty's roadster was voted best appearing roadster at El Mirage I rarely see photos of it. Every photo collection I borrowed had pictures of Calori's roadster. I don't know who did the voting and what politics were involved but the people taking pictures liked Calori's roadster best.

Last edited by Flathead Fever; 04-18-2023 at 04:14 PM.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote