View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 06:08 PM   #42
Synchro909

Default Re: Model A classification

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Sure, that is an accurate assessment. I am 56 y.o. and have been around this hobby for 5 decades. What you are describing has been that way for as long as I can remember. Now here is where the twist comes. Folks often ridicule what they do not understand. Take me for example, ...I really do not enjoy driving a Model-A. Folks that find that out are usually stunned, but to me, driving an A is boring. Oh I do it, but generally out of necessity. What I enjoy most is the challenge to return something to replicate a former state. That is why I like to restore vs. replace. Others would rather replace items vs restore because they view authentically or accurately restoring as a waste of time. I could go on, but the real common denominator that I have noticed over the years was that folks mess with Model-As to take their mind off of something else in their life. The real question is how many people get on Fordbarn when they know they really should be doing something else!! . (that reminds me, Gotta go!)
Brent, When do you hang out your shingle as a psychiatrist? You are absolutely correct, of course. While I'm in the workshop, I'm not in the kitchen.