View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Strange Fordor at New England Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will N View Post
Ok, the roof fabric treatment on the 60C is like what I saw, but the 60C was a 1929 model, and what I saw definitely had the 1930-1931 style hood and stainless radiator shell. The Budd Radiator shell is close to what I saw, but the beads continued to the top and there was no raised area where the blue oval would go. The indented area was not painted black (it was stainless) and there were no raised ribs in that area- it was smooth polished stainless. It wasn't like a '31 shell where you can see the joint between the painted insert and the stainless shell. It was all one piece and it looked more like the raised bead on the edge of the fender. Could it be that like the early eyebrow fenders, there was an early eyebrow radiator shell? I wish I had stopped and talked to the guy and taken some photos.

The car you pictured above is a car that we restored several years ago for fellow Fordbarn-er Tom Witten. I am not sure what you are saying when you say 1930-31 style hood. The biggest giveaway at a distance on the typical 30/31 vs. 28/29 hood is the raised body moulding that is embossed on the 30/31 hood (-and not present on the typical 28/29 hood) however the Fordor Sedans (-along with the 68A) in 1929 used a hood that had this embossed body line much like the standard 1930-31 hood. Maybe this has mislead you some?

There were several styles of sporty accessory (aftermarket) radiator shells available back then, and it might be that the vehicle you are referring to was equipped with one of those. I have not seen a factory drawing for an "eyebrow" Radiator Shell when I have looked thru the factory prints.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote