View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 01:33 PM   #52
GB SISSON

Default Re: Troubleshooting Transmission '47 pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504bat View Post
When I did my house remodel I was told that the majority of heat loss was from from the ceiling. After I rolled insulation between the rafters I rolled more cross wise over the exposed rafters since the R value of the
un-insulated wood rafters is much less than the fiberglass that I covered them with.
I'm working upside down. There's already a plywood floor laid down upstairs, as I store stickered lumber up there. It's like my kiln all summer under that tin roof. Ceiling is 10'. I bought the encapsulatred bats. Apparently they are 4' long and a you push them up and secure them with a piece of stiff wire. These wires are about 2' long so they don't quite fit between the joists, therefore they deflect and poke into the wood joists. Sounded sooo much better than holding up a roll of pink stuff and trying to get some staples into that paper flange. I will report back how it went.
And Mark what is a trailer furnace? I can kinda imagine it. You simply tow it over to a friend's house before the insurance adjuster shows up? Edit: Ok, my wife just told me it's the kind of small furnace you'd have if you were living in a trailer....
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 11-30-2023 at 01:43 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote