View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 03:14 PM   #6
Mark DeRoseau

Default Re: Indexing Spark Plugs

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Maybe i should clarify... Not looking for more horsepower. Running a Stock rebuild, rebuilt Zenith with flowed jets, and replaced bushings, and a rebuilt stock distributor. have NO audible detonation. runs great... But I have ran my car with a 12 volt battery in the back seat hooked to a wideband bosch O2 sensor bolted to the exhaust tailpipe, and do know that a well running, properly timed, motor has because of fixed timing (well hand controlled) has extreme air to fuel ratio swings, based on load, rpm, and overall advance. air to fuel ratio at idle would range from 9 to 16.5 base on timing. and at bout 2200 rpm or 50 ish cruising, would move from 12 to 20 base on throttle. Happily under full load, floored at about 4 clicks up from full advance i ran rich, at about 11 to 12. Rather burn extra fuel than ring gaps.
But, for $10 in indexing washer (if available) and a little time, id be up for a little better effency/flame travel.... was amazed after seeing the video of a flat head chamber running in slow motion.... also was referring to a stock/stock type chamber (brumfield, C, snyders 5.5 or 6.0). not a center piston plug lion or ohv set up, understandably those would be different.
Mark DeRoseau is offline   Reply With Quote