View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #91
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-owl View Post
Hi there. GIMPY left leg vs clutch: Is the problem the movement of your leg or is it overcoming the clutch resistance? Inquiring minds want to know. Mel
Hey Mel,
YES!

As you may or may not know, back on April 27, 1987, was going along on the Kawaskai 1100 LTD B1 Shaft Murdercycle, when a secretary from a nearby automobile dealership had picked up the Parts Manager at the Wal*Mart across the street from the dealership, and was taking him back to work, and she didn't see me.

Pulled right in front of me, and I T-Boned the Beretta she was driving going about 60 mph. Broke the Femoral Head off of my Left Thigh Bone, and crushed my Right Foot.

In the ensuing thirty-two years, the Left Leg has deteriorated till it is now two inches shorter and about 2/3rds the diameter of my Right Leg. It hurts to lift it, and push the clutch, but it has to be done.

BUT... That crash saved my life!

Twelve years after, the crash, went to get a hip replacement, and when they did the lab work in preparation for the procedure, they found this autoimmune Liver disease just as it had started.

Had they not found it till I started feeling bad from it, I would have died in five months.

Also, the auto dealer's insurance paid $1,000,000.00, of which the Doctors, Hospitals, and Lawyers took all but $283,000.00.

That's what made it possible for me to buy the place where I now live on January 30, 1989 (my fifty-first birthday).

Then was scheduled for the hip replacement on December 1, 1998. The therapy for the Liver disease suppresses my immune system, so I have to live a "bubble life". No visitors. No going out around people. Have to be careful when shopping not to get around anyone with a cold, or flu, as I have no immune system.

So here I am, eighty years old, and working on Lorrie, and Ms. American. Writing Books. Recording Music. Recording Vusic. Writing on the Ford Barn, and RamCharger Central, taking care of my felines, and keeping Karel, the Lawn Tractor in good shape so that the landscaping can be maintained.

Anyway, It has been a long, strange existence.

YOU and TL doing all right?

Take care.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote