View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 04:54 PM   #13
shew01

Default Re: Is it possible to repair the upper radiator tank without radiator removal?

My replacement radiator arrived over the weekend. I’ve been reading in Les Andrews book, page 1-235 ff, about how to replace it. I’ve looked for radiator shops around Roanoke, VA, but they no longer do repair—just replacements. I’ll keep the old radiator as a spare, hoping to find someone to repair it later.

I’m a fair shade tree mechanic, but I’m still new to Model As. I don’t underestimate my ability to create unnecessary work for myself (or damage to the hardware) on this task. ;-)

Someone, please correct me if I’m wrong.

1) It looks like the headlight bar can stay in place, but the wiring needs to be removed, correct? (But, leaving the headlight bar in place goes against the suggestion from Joe K above. I can definitely see Joe’s reasoning.)

2) If I remove the headlight bar, how can I avoid changing the “settings?”

3) My car has a stone guard on it. (Please see pictures below.) Are there only two screws holding it on? Or, is there a hidden attachment somewhere?

4) The license tag bolts are close to the stone guard. I don’t know if I can remove the stone guard without removing the light bar. What do you think?

5) What else should I be looking for that I’m currently missing? I’ll definitely want to make lots of pictures as I take things apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote