View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 02:00 AM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Pictures, part #s, instructions; rebuilding a 39 style trans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve hackel View Post
I just purchased a good housing and tower with a shifter, along with many good parts, enough to be a complete assembly. I have most of it apart, needs a main cluster, reverse idler, and probably the large sliding gear, along with the usual bearings and syncros etc. I have only done model A' transmissions so this is new to me. What are good sources of parts, either NOS or good replacements, and where can I get a schematic of the trans with its parts exploded - possibly a step by step instruction as to how it all comes apart and then back together? Thanks in advance for any help. Steve
Steve, as already mentioned by V8COOPMAN....get a copy of Mac Van Pelt's great book on these Early Ford 3 speed transmissions....Mac and his book can be an immense help to you during your transmission build/rebuild, plus there are many other members here who also have experience working on these transmissions, and can help you with their information.

This would make a great tutorial thread for other members to learn by...if you keep posting your questions here, plus the progress of your rebuild, and include pictures as you make that progress. Just a thought.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote