Thread: Your Model A
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 10:54 AM   #46
Robert/Texas

Default Re: Your Model A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Back in the early/mid 50’s I had a hot rod ’34 roadster. As I was always working on that car I needed another car to get to my job and night school classes. I bought a really junky ’26 Model T roadster but blew the engine after about 3 months. A young lady who worked in the same building that I did had a ’28 roadster for sale. She had inherited it from her grandfather who bought it new. I managed to blow that engine too but got a rebuilt short block from Sears to replace it. I finally got tired of that car and bought a good used ’52 stick-shift Oldsmobile which also served for towing the ’34 to the drag races. When I got drafted I sold the Olds but kept the ‘34 which my father drove to work once in a while. After my discharge from the army I got married and needed the money so I sold the ‘34. I always had fond memories of these cars.
Fast forward to 1988, I decided to re-live my youth. I found a nice Model T roadster and bought it for my 55th birthday present. About 3 months later a neighbor lady had a flood damaged Model T for sale. She was getting a divorce and needed the money. This was my weekend project for about a year to get it running and safe enough for the road. The next year I bought an early ’28 RPU at the Chickasha swap meet and later a ’28 roadster from an anxious seller. In 1984 I got my ’34 roadster and in 2009 I got my ’37 Fordor (clone of my first car).
At age 83 I think I’ve had enough of this nostalgia, (LOL).
Robert
Robert/Texas is offline   Reply With Quote