Thread: Your Model A
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #32
Pinesdune

Default Re: Your Model A

I grew up around old stuff, my uncle and dad had a small museum, but they only had a couple "old" cars, two T's and a '30 A sedan. I always wanted to get the sedan running but "wasn't allowed near it" even tho I repaired/rebuilt/maintained over 50 old tractors (JD's, Case,Mccormicks, Olivers, Hart Parr etc) But I can fondly remember a few rides in the A, two parades and one cruise. As with all good things, it came to an end a few years ago after some things being disbursed previously (including the A)
I was ridiculously outbid on the last T at the sale, which lit a fire under my ass so with coaxing from my wife I started searching for the A I always dreamed of (and could touch) which led me to find my 28 sport coupe, I love the canvas top and the lines of the car. It's been a joy restoring her and this being the first summer she's been complete so I can now take her to shows and all the attention she brings. One good thing was the restoration was complete in time for me to show her to my Uncle this spring and for him to tell the folks at the home about "his car" (he was always a jack ass like that haha) he passed two weeks ago, and the coupe led the procession taking him "home"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pinesdune is offline   Reply With Quote