View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #18
charliechaindrive

Default Re: new kid, first purchase T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Huseby View Post
Hi Charlie- You've got a really fun idea and I would encourage you to pursue the speedster idea. However it would be wize to heed the advice you've gotten about costs and time necessary to accomplish your dream. A speedster doesn't have any definite definition as long as it's an era-correct creation, so there are unlimited levels of looks, personalities and performance you can do. My preference is something that is a recreation of a '20's racer. You will save GOBS of time and money and get gobs of satisfaction by investing in "The Model T in Speed and Sport", "Model T Speed Secrets","The Fast Ford Handbook", Leslie Henry's "Model T Restoration", etc. Also find Mr. Model "T" who has posted hundreds of photos of his fetching '27 roadster gow job build on fordbarn or H.A.M.B. You will be able to find lots of speedster builders to help you in your pursuits, if they don't find you first. I have built "T" speedsters and they're more fun to look at and drive than can be described. I don't think my "T"s are on my website, but it may still give you some more ideas: olympic-speedsters.com
I'll search up those books here later today, thanks!
charliechaindrive is offline   Reply With Quote