View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #26
mike657894

Default Re: Newbie '29 Speedster project, the good the bad and even the ugly (maybe)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
that jay leno model T episode with the young family guy who found his cars dirt track racing day doors. was his best episode yet. My dad had a 40s willys on a 60s frame and engine with a ugly poorly made hard top he got as a non runner and fired it up for a farm jeep. He asked if i wanted it after I fixed up the brakes for him. I had driven it as a wood trailer puller and I hated the damn thing. the cab made it so a big guy and the door hole being so high. I would have to grab the roof pull the jeep 4 inches towards me and karate kick my foot in. To make it all work with boots on. It had high and low but the high was so low top speed was around 60. I kind of regret telling him to sell it but thought and talked about how someone would love to have this franken willys for 800 bucks. It needed patches but was functionally solid. But after the brake job I didnt want it. and the fit inside was all wrong.

A Kid down the road bought it he was over the moon getting a tuned up roughed up army jeep. it had that army special 40 layers of paint on it. i would guess one of those things that got painted every year or few.
mike657894 is offline   Reply With Quote