View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 12:07 AM   #2
flatheadmurre

Default Re: Voltage Reduction/Resistor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbone View Post
I just had Skip rebuild several of my old coils - one for my '34 motor and 2 for my 59ab. I talked to him today about external resistors and decided to look around to see what is available these days. Before I buy another of the ballast style, I noticed a thread on an unrelated forum about Buck Power Converter Step Downs and saw that they have several choices in output voltage, including 3.7VDC. Skip advised me to keep the voltage going to the coil between 3.5 and 4 volts - irrespective of the input voltage (12 or 6). You can buy several different types on amazon ranging in price from about $5 to about $20+.

So, my question is: has anyone used one of these types of voltage reducers and if so, would you recommend it?

My car is a '34 and it is a driver. 59ab motor, 12V, positive ground. I have the 21 stud '34 motor on a stand.

Thanks all,
Ron
Voltage spikes from ignition coil and generator...nothing electronics like...especially cheap electronics !
I wouldn´t make my ride depend on a voltage converter made by who knows...
Why make things complicated...a resistor is a notch more complicated then a wire...find a good quality one and drive it without worries !
flatheadmurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)