View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 01:48 PM   #43
37 Coupe

Default Re: What's the latest you can remember anyone using an A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhark View Post
When I was a kid in the 70s, a lady on our block drove a 31 Deluxe Roadster every day during the summer. I don't know how she got around in the winter, as I don't remember her having any other cars around. We moved out to a farm in 1979 and I know she was still driving it then. In the early 90s she passed away and her family sold the car to my dad, who kept it until I bought it from him shortly before he passed away last year. I'm in the process of restoring it now.
In all the years the lady had the Model A was it the original engine/registration number? I just wonder how many do have the original number? About everyone I knew that had a Model A just ordered a rebuilt one from Sears catalog. Close to me Columbus Cold Weld or ColWell rebuilt a lot of Model A and flathead V8 engines. A buddy of mine had a '29 Tudor and he saved up to buy a Sears reconditioned engine. It would tighten up after running and not restart until a complete cool down.It never did break in or loosen up and he traded it for a '39 convertible coupe.