View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #1
frank55a

Default Barners Selling Parts Beware

Barners Selling Parts Beware

For you Barners selling parts on the Swap Meet page or for that matter anywhere on the internet a word of caution, BEWARE. There are scammers out to collect big bucks from you.This is a twist on an old scam. A "person" says they are interested in an item you have listed, after a dialog is established (first clue) the language or wording just does not feel right;(second clue) they say don't worry about shipping they will have their mover or agent pick up the item; (third clue) they sent payment, when payment arrives it is several times the asking price and they will tell you their secretary or clerk improperly made out the check; (fourth clue) then they will say deduct payment plus some given amount for your trouble, both times it was an extra $100and give the difference to the person picking up the item.Both times that I was targeted the payment was over 10 times what I was asking for the item. Both times I smelled a RAT from almost the beginning. I have contacted the FTC and the FBI and was told these scammers are very active and further DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CASH THE CHECK! This is why I am extremely cautious about accepting anything other than a USPS Money Order.Hope this helps and none of you get burned.
frank55a is offline   Reply With Quote