View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #20
dixiedelux

Default Re: Chatter Rod Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
I don't think it proper to blame Henry. Perhaps the guy that did a poopy job patching in the floors but not Henry.
How much tolerance do you think Hank allowed for the rod to slide through the attachment on the block. From my estimation it is minuscule. From today's experience, I imagine I would have to drive the rods back through the attachment. What is your experience during re installation? My 40 is dry and now rust free. The PO changed out the front floor and trunk floors. It is obvious he half-assed the tool kit area. The front floor looks OK to me, but I fear not correct. He put it in to accommodate the transmission inspection plate he used, or visa versa. Do some of the earlier years use a front floor/inspection panel that would forbid access of 40 frame to rod attachment? I will try to get some pics soon, of the illustrative quality that Tony provided for me earlier. I am relieved to know that on my 46, Henry alleviated his previous piss poor engineering, and I won't have to repeat today's experience.

Last edited by dixiedelux; 06-10-2016 at 09:09 PM.
dixiedelux is offline   Reply With Quote