View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #5
dixiedelux

Default Re: Chatter Rod Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomeroy41144 View Post
I think he is trying to remove the engine from the frame. And he wants to know if he can pull the engine without removing the engine stay rods.

I say NO. Don't try and remove the engine by sliding them over these rods. Remove the engine stay (chatter rods) rods before pulling the engine. That means you have to pull the floor boards to access the tops of the anti chatter rod bolts. As stated, the enthusiast can make his own square-head tool to remove the rods. A good quality bolt can be ground down to make the correct size square head tool for removal.
The floor boards? I have the transmission access panel off! I (we) are at a disadvantage because my car is in my shop 4 miles from my home. I have no computer there, so I can't go look at car to respond accurately. But from yesterday's memory here is the description of what I have: Mine looks like the rod had been flattened and a pin or stud with no head had been inserted through the flattened part and into the frame rail, but not through. At the top, the pin is flush with the flattened part of the rod.
dixiedelux is offline   Reply With Quote