View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 05:39 AM   #11
Patrick L.

Default Re: Electronic Flasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
First off - I'm running 12 volts with an alternator.

Having said that, I've gone thru several ways to confront the issue at hand.

1) When I first bought my pickup, I installed a Signal Stat turn signal kit I got from Sacramento Vintage, along with a RH tail light and cowl lights with turn signals incorporated therein. The flasher that came with the kit worked just fine in that everything was incandescent.

2) Later on I bought and installed the LED rear tail/stop lenses made by United Pacific (from Mike's). The flasher still worked OK, since the fronts were still incandescent.

3) I then tried an Electronic flasher, (can't remember who made it) that worked just fine until I started the engine, then it went haywire. Took it out and put the original flasher that came with the Signal Stat kit. So now everything is back to "normal".

4) I recently converted my cowl/turn lights to LED, and now the original flasher wouldn't work. So I bought the flasher unit -- the same one as jrelliot recommended above, and everything works as it should. Only down side is that this flasher is "silent", so if I want the familiar "click", I'll have to devise something to do that. I do have one of the little beepers that the vendors sell, but I'm not really fond of the sound it makes.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Superbrightled.com has flashers that make noise.
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote