View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: 30 Tudor Upholstery Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
The question is, will the side panels, rear panel and door panels fit? The headliner and front header panel .should fit.

I installed a new Le Baron interior kit that was made for a 1928 tudor in our 1931 tudor . I had to narrow the front header . I carefully peeled back the upholstery and cut down the cardboard header . I used 3M adhesive in a spray can to reattach the upholstery to the front header . The headliner fit without modification . The holes for the upholstery clips in the 1928 door panels were not in the same places that the holes in the original 1931 panels were . Though not exactly original , I used plated trim screws and washers to attach the door panels . So far after a few years , nobody has noticed the difference . There is very little difference in the inside measurements of the 1928-29 tudor doors as compaired to the 1930-31 doors but not enough to make a difference to me . The only visible difference in the finished product is a very few additional trim screws on the door panels . I replaced the kick panels with a correct pair of 1931 style kick panels that I ordered separately .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote