View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
bfdinardo

Default 1956 Fairlane Victoria flex plate 292 fordomatic question

Reviving an old thread regarding flex plates! I've removed the old thick heavy rivet flex plate per some of the recommendations here in favor of the new stamped one shown in the picture below. Can anyone offer some advice on which way it should be installed? I'm not sure on 4 things.

1. which direction the plate should face either relative to the engine (first or second picture?)
2. what the 3 spacers are for and how many to use? (are they to compensate for length of the 6 bolts to the crank?)
3. original plate was held on to the ring gear fly wheel by the 6 bolts and rivet wings (3 on each side 180 deg from each other) but this one looks like 4 bolts at 90 degrees from each other. so i should use the center holes from the original wings location at 3 oclock and 9 oclock and then use the existing nuts for 12 and 6 oclocks on the ring gear fly wheel? (3rd picture)
4. Are the 2 smaller bolts at 12 and 6 oclock on the fly wheel slightly closer to the center the drain bolts for the torque converter?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flex plate_1.jpg (30.5 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg flex plate_2.jpg (29.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg flywheel_1.jpg (56.4 KB, 95 views)
bfdinardo is offline   Reply With Quote