Thread: Import tax
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Import tax

Please help me understand why this is a bad thing for me as a US business owner.

Personally, from what I have been following over the last month or so, I feel like it is a good thing for the short-term,--and likely a good thing for awhile until the US economy is shored-up. Many US companies have had their intellectual property stripped by foreign companies where these US companies could no longer compete on their own soil. As a result, this has been a financial disaster for many US middle-class families who lost their jobs to this overseas competition which ultimately caused them to lose everything. During our last Presidential election, our President ran on this very ticket stating he would impose such trade tariffs necessary to ensure that US-based businesses could have a fair chance at rebuilding their company and employing those who wanted to work. Evidently this is what the US voters wanted as he won the election.

Since these NAFTA negotiations have been going on for several months with your country and ours (--apparently with little negotiational progress being made and predictions are that it will continue for months ahead), my suggestion might be for you to encourage Canadian collector car enthusiasts to contact your government asking for them to work with our US Dept. of Commerce.

Yes, I do believe this is going to impact our hobby financially for awhile however in the long run it will likely increase the quality of the cars out there as better quality parts manufactured in the US become available.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )