View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #41
Dick Steinkamp

Default Re: Membership dropping, interest too???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
I stopped going to the Mustang shows, Shelby shows, and all that because it hit me one day, just how boring that all actually was. A line of '65-'66 Mustangs all 50 of them with the hoods popped open and usually some snob sitting in a lawn chair behind it. Naw, never again.
As much as we lust after 50 28-30 Model As all lined up with the hoods open so we could inspect them in detail and talk to the owners, I would guess there are as many (or more) folks that lust after a line of 65-66 Mustangs with the hoods up for the same reasons.

Different strokes for different folks. It would be super boring if we all liked the same cars. I don't begrudge the Mustang fans, or the muscle car fans, or the rat rod fans, or the custom and modified fans, or the 57 Chevy fans, or the ... Doesn't bother me in the least that not everyone thinks a Model A is God's gift to the car hobby.

It doesn't degrade my fun with my A any to know that club membership is declining, that kids are not as attracted to As as I am, that our cars are not appreciating, that non Model A owners still enjoy life.

It's a hobby...not a religion.

Have fun with your cars and your car friends.